Sunday, June 24, 2007

Trapeze school

Well, I made it to trapeze school. Here's how the class went:

We started with a 5 minute warm-up on a low bar, seen here. When I say 5 minutes, I mean about 1 minute per person. Not much!


After being told what to do, I watched and waited my turn....a bit anxiously.


And up I went.....it seemed a little higher than I thought.


And here I go. Some things to note: "READY HEP" means "ready go". They use "hep" instead of "go" because "go" sounds too much like "no". You can hear Colby in the beginning, and then you can hear the "ready hep"....and I don't move a muscle. It was harder than I thought to jump off the platform. You can hear Lee kind of laugh to himself when that happens.


In order to move on to the next challenge, I would need to get dramatically faster at getting my legs on the bar and letting go. Here I am getting some coaching.


After a few rounds of practice, I was ready for the "catch and release". It was a lot of pressure because if I did not go when they said to, I would ruin the whole thing. Notice how my hands hit the platform when I let go for the knee drop. Just a note-to-self that someone my height shouldn't make any long term career plans here.


Afterwards, we stopped in a nice grassy area where Colby sampled some of the local cuisine.

2 comments:

Emily said...

WOO-HOO! Way to go! I love the pics & videos!

Another dream realized! LOL!!

Kristina Young said...

1. You bum is about 40X smaller than mine and we had our babies at the same time.
2. I winced when I heard your hand hit the platform, but otherwise it looks like great fun and you looked fab.
3. Eating grass usually works well for my cat... it works out anything bad in the system, so perhaps Colby will have the same positive results, minus the hairball.