Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More of the same....

These posts are going to get old for those of you reading who are not....well...grandparents. Or my husband. Wait, nevermind- he doesn't read this. At the risk of losing my readers....all 5 of you....I need to do some more bragging about my brilliant son.

Have I written about how I get Colby to sit quietly in the jogging stroller? I don't think I have. Well, he doesn't like it in there too much, so I found a solution that's working out really well. I put his favorite nursery rhyme CDs on Lee's Ipod, connected it to portable speakers, and blast the music from the stroller as I jog down the trail. I do get looks, laughs, and many blank expressions....but who cares. I'm getting my run in, and Colby isn't crying. I have my own Ipod, so luckily I don't have to endure the Itsy Bitsy Spider for the whole 45 minutes.

Anyway, I was jogging along this morning, and I looked down, and Colby was hitting himself on the head with his hand. I didn't think much of it, and then he started waving his index finger back and forth. I took my headphones off, and much to my surprise, the song "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" was playing....he was doing the motions! I play the same CD in the car and I do hand motions to the songs, but I never really knew if Colby was paying attention. Now I know he is! (this is my sign to stop flicking off other drivers) The head thumps were for when the monkey bumped his head, and the finger back and forth was my own creation for when the doctor said "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" Isn't he the most amazing baby ever??? I'm calling Letterman.

My friend Claire told me that between the ages of 12 and 18 months, Colby would really start doing new things on a daily basis. It is so true! I am surprised by him every single day.

My readers are definitely going to dwindle.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Still reading!! LOL! That is so cute! I will be expecting a video of it soon. He is getting so big.

And the video of him going down the stairs gives me hope. We are trying to teach Everett to turn around right now too. He still prefers the nose dive approach.

Mindy said...

Laura, I LOVE your blogs- you know I check the site every day hoping a new one is up! Keep 'em coming!!!