Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The things they say..

I just returned from a 2 day trip to check on our house. It's exhausting going back and forth, but thankfully, I am married to the most capable husband in the world. He holds down the fort and I return to a clean house and happy family. I am so thankful and lucky. We also have our wonderful babysitter Adela during the day, and thankfully, she knows them both very well and knows how to keep everyone happy. I picked out every light fixture for our house yesterday during a 10 hour period....whew!

When I got home, Colby was so excited to see me and told me how much he missed me. (so nice when then can express that)

As I was putting him to bed tonight, he said "Momma, I weawwy wanted to be at the "shotel" with you. I wanted to go to the shotel and sleep at the shotel. How did you see in the dark there?" Apparently, he had been asking Lee the same thing last night about how I was seeing in the dark- I think he thought I was wandering around outside. I explained to him (as Lee did) that the hotel had a bed and lights and that I was not sleeping outside.

After a back rub and some talking, I tucked him in and told him I needed to go downstairs and do mom things. He said "But I want you to stay up here and do Colby things". And of course, I had to stay a little bit longer.

No comments: