Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our first outing....and pictures

We attempted our first outing with 2 kids a few days ago, and if I had to choose just one word to describe it, it would be: DISASTROUS.

We started out with a few strikes against us. Lee and I were completely sleep deprived. (More on that later) Colby was over-hungry and over-tired. We decided to turn our day around by going to the local upscale mall for lunch. (very upscale...as in, NOT kid friendly) I was going to type a detailed description of events, but honestly, I don't have the energy for that. Just picture me carting a baby and Lee carrying a kicking and screaming toddler while snooty onlookers gave us dirty looks. I could almost hear what they were thinking....

"How dare you interrupt my peaceful shopping experience with your crying children. There's no food court here! There's no play area! For crying out loud, there's not even a Dippin' Dots! You kids are not welcome!"

Needless to say, we didn't even have lunch. We sat down in the restaurant and ended up leaving before we even ordered food. Honestly though, this was our fault, not Colby's. We should have known better than to attempt this when the morning hadn't gone so well.

As for Miller, she is quite the picky night time sleeper. She doesn't like to have her arms swaddled, and she doesn't like sleeping flat on her back. (those 2 things are what got Colby through his entire infancy) We have gotten creative with seats and various chairs, and last night I caved and put her in our bed. How did she know where she was? She only woke twice to eat and had one of her best nights yet.

It's a good thing she's cute...I guess they make babies that way for a reason. One of my friends came over yesterday and took some newborn shots, and here's a little preview of her photos.




2 comments:

Claire said...

Despite the outcome, I applaud your attempting an outting with 2 kids so soon. I don't think I would have left the house for months! And those pictures ... amazing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Laura!! I've enjoyed your blog and getting caught up on everyone. So glad Colby is lovingly embracing his new role as big brother...cute story about the sticker! Wish we lived closer so I could see darling Miller in person. Take good care of yourself!