Sunday, August 17, 2008

A little about me...

I have really lucked out with the birth of Miller; it was easy. It was quick. Recovery has been a breeze. I've been thinking how lucky I've been to be feeling so well, both physically and emotionally. I don't have any post-pardum depression.

HOWEVER, there's one thing that I should note....one strange behavior that has emerged.

I am OBSESSED with doing laundry.

Ever since Miller's birth, all I can think about is when I'm going to start that next load. Even in the hospital, I was asking Lee if he would take home the shirt and pants I wore to the hospital and wash them. Right now, I'm doing at least 2 loads a day, and they are not full loads...I think I'm washing about 4 shirts right now. I was not like this before she was born! I do realize this is wasteful, but I can't help myself. When we go out to dinner, or to the park, or anywhere, I watch Colby (or Lee) making a mess and think about when I can strip them of their clothes and do another load. It's almost as if gaining control of my life will happen when that next load goes in and everything is clean....

I do realize this is irrational and obsessive behavior. I'm one load away from becoming a crazy cat lady. Does acknowledging it make me any less crazy?

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I think there are much worse vices than washing clothes!!