Thursday, November 8, 2007

Knock on wood....

It just struck me today that we're really in a honeymoon period (or phase...I should say phase) with Colby. I don't want to jinx things, but all of a sudden, things are going great. He has stopped the incessant fussing that was happening about a month ago. (was it molars bothering him for 3 weeks??) He has stopped fussing at preschool and LOVES it....he's so happy there that when I pick him up, he says "hi" and runs away. His teacher said that the only time he really fusses is if he's placed in his high chair and his food isn't delivered in a timely matter. He is sleeping a consistent 12 hours a night....and napping 2-3 hours a day. He never cries when we put him down for a nap or for bed, and if he's not tired, he will talk to himself. When he wakes up, he will play and chat for half an hour in his crib. He is almost always in a good mood....he loves to ride in the car...go for walks...or hang out at home. He eats anything and everything and will go to any restaurant in town. Our new favorite place is a Lebanese grocery store/restaurant, where he eats marinated cucumbers, tomatoes, hummus, lamb kabobs, and whatever else we throw his way. To deal with his endless energy and love for exploring, I've been taking him to the local football field (which is gated) so he can burn off some energy. This has been working really well, and Colby is thrilled with the freedom to roam. (could he be any more like his daddy??) He's even starting to hold my hand if I make a game out of it and run with him. I need to remember this time because I'm sure just around the corner, a new obstacle will arise. But right now, things are good. Very good!

Here's a picture of my sweet little boy

1 comment:

Emily said...

It is so good of you to stop and realize that "life is good". I tend to let those moments slip by all too often.

And the tag video was cracking us up!!!