Thursday, September 16, 2010

First day of school

Colby and Miller both had a great first day of preschool! It helps that they have FANTASTIC teachers this year. (the two best, in my opinion) However, this was the first year that there were no tears...and I'm including myself in that!

In Miller's classroom, there are 12 kids ranging in age from 2 to almost 3. (Miller is one of the youngest, but there are 2 kids a few weeks younger) The teacher said that in all her years of teaching, she has never had a class this well behaved on the first day- there was not one tear from anyone the entire day (well, all 2 hours). She said every single one of them followed directions and did what they were told- wow! I peeked in before pick up time, and Miller was doing hand motions to a song while sitting in a circle. I couldn't help but laugh because if Colby had been in that class at age 2, there is no way he would have been sitting in a circle or following directions. (My memory of Colby's class at age 2 was of his teacher holding him down to a chair.....it didn't take long for her to get fired)

Colby had a great day as well. I haven't gotten much information out of him and didn't have a chance to talk to the teacher, but he was very happy at both drop off and pick up. He was placed specifically with this teacher because she supposedly loves boys, and loves very active boys. Well, I've got just the student for her!

I did get called into the director's office right after I dropped them off....she said it in a very hushed tone like we needed to discuss something behind closed doors. This was the first morning of school- I could not imagine what could be so important! It turns out she read the form I filled out for Colby's teacher, and she wanted to understand more about Colby's potty training (or lack thereof) habits. I told her about his withholding from last year and how he refuses to go #2 on the potty, and we don't really know what to do about it. She said that hopefully peer pressure will help....I'm not so sure, but we'll see.

All in all, a very successful day and I can't wait to see what they learn this year.

Before I post pictures, here are a few pictures from previous years.

2007- Colby at 1 year old (this was a few days before school...I don't think I took a first day picture that year)


2008- 2 year old class


2009- 3 year old class (Couldn't get him to pose for a picture)


2009- 3 year old class and seeing his friend Wyatt in the hallway


And now this year....my, how things have changed!

Colby was such a big boy posing for his pictures.


Big girl ready for school!


It's tough to get a good sibling photo...


We are SO big!


One last attempt.


Gosh, I have such perfect and well behaved kids!


Pssst....Here's what the photo shoot was REALLY like...






No comments: