Sunday, September 20, 2009

School

Colby and Miller had their first day of school on Friday. I was on the fence for months about whether or not to send Miller, even though Colby went at the same age and loved it. I agonized over the decision and had many sleepless nights, and finally decided that I would enroll her, but only put her in for a few hours a week. That way, I can put her there instead of the gym daycare, which is terrible, and still have some quality time with her.

Here they are on the first morning before school. Of course, I knew there was no way either would pose, so this is all I could do. I handed Miller a nail file, and Colby tried to restrain himself from pinching her.


Colby ran into his friend Wyatt in the hallway and they were happy to see each other.


At drop off, Colby didn't shed a tear. Miller was fine at first, but started to cry when she realized I was gone. She only cried for about 10 minutes, and then she had a blast the rest of the 2 hours. They had someone there who would take pictures of our kids and show us how they were doing, so that was very helpful. (I have a very cute picture of Miller playing with a binky in her mouth and Mr. Rabbit tucked under her arm, but my scanner is not working)

Update: Scanner fixed. Here it is.

At pick up, Miller gave me a big smile, and Colby gave me my first EVER hug at pick up...it was the first time he did not run in the opposite direction. I had to wait 3 long years for that, but it was worth it.

No comments: