Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Richmond visit

Whew, I'm having trouble keeping up with life, much less updating the blog. We had a fun trip to Richmond last weekend, and in a few days, we are headed to South Carolina to visit Nana and Granddaddy.

I don't have the time (or energy) for a full post, but here are some highlights.

-Miller is walking everywhere! She fell and got her first big cut on her head yesterday...the first of many I'm sure. She is quite aggressive on the playground and will push anyone out of the way to get what she wants. Gee, where did she learn that? When she doesn't get what she wants, she has begun to throw little temper tantrums.

-Colby is still afraid of pooping. I have scared all of my friends here out of potty training after what we've been through. He's a little better, but he still complains a lot about his stomach hurting, and we think he's still withholding. It's hard to tell sometimes...I just want him to be his old self again.

Here are some highlights from the Richmond trip:

Miller loved the pool and fountains. (she gets her svelte physique from me)


Miller and Cooper...


Colby has finally gotten over his traumatic swim lesson with "Mister Matt" and is back in the water. He won't go under, but at least he's in it.


Zach was a good sport letting Colby splash and dump water on him.


The Millers were reunited...one a bit more enthusiastic about it than the other.


Did I mention the temper tantums?


Miller and Amelie (my friend Mindy's little girl) at the Children's Museum...Amelie could beat anyone in a staring contest.


I didn't take a lot of photos, but Chip, Jennifer, Braden, Nan and Pop were all there, too. We had a great time and are looking forward to our next adventure!

No comments: