Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Confession

If you are easily grossed out, or easily offended, I suggest skipping this post. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I have a very serious and very real confession to make. I've never pretended that my kids are perfect, or that I'm a perfect mother. But I do my best to keep everyone somewhat civilized and decently groomed....at least in public.

This is payback for all the times I've looked at a child in public doing a certain thing and thought "Gross! Why does your mother let you do that??? I will NEVER let my child do that. EVER."

Karma. Karma has come back to bite me.

Hi, my name is Laura. And I'm the parent of a nose picker.



I wish I were kidding. I wish this were just a funny picture I happened to catch. But no. Sadly, this is quite common. Miller does this many times a day, and often in public.

But wait. It gets worse. Much worse. Because after that....

She does this.



Oh yes. It's true. Don't worry, I'm just as offended and grossed out as you are. How can anyone so sweet do something so gross? I will do everything in my power to get this to stop as soon as possible.

Hopefully, she'll start to understand what "NO" means....right now, she'll clap her hands and laugh. It's a good thing God makes them cute.

1 comment:

Emily said...

As a proud mother of a nose-picker myself (It was Everett's nervous habit for about a YEAR) I think this may be the most awesome post EVER ;)