Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Who's got connections?

'Cause we need an "in" with Supernanny. STAT. Colby is out of control, and neither Lee nor I can do a thing about it (so it seems). It's 7:45am and he's been to time out 4 times already today. I honestly think he wakes up each day vowing to be as uncooperative as possible. EVERYTHING is a struggle....putting on clothes, brushing teeth, eating breakfast....and it seems to have nothing to do with attention. He's this way when we're giving him our full attention and when we are not. Nothing seems to make a difference. Praise and one-on-one time do not help. Time outs do not phase him.

Last night, I decided to let him come up with me to "help" put Miller to bed, thinking that would make him feel important. We picked out books, he was helping me read to her, and he seemed to be enjoying himself. Then, he took her pinky in his mouth and bit down on it HARD. It was a bad bite and I was worried that he could have damaged it more than we could see...she cried for quite a while. Poor Miller just adores him, and he constantly inflicts pain on her. He went to time out in his bed for 30 minutes and sang songs happily to himself until it was time for bed.

Seriously, nothing is working. We are at our wits end. Could someone forward the link to this blog to Supernanny? I think she would have her work cut out for her.

No comments: