Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a great time spending Thanksgiving at Nan and Pop's this year. (despite the horrendous traffic getting down there)

Chip, Zach and I started off the day running the 10k turkey trot, which is one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions. Zach ran all 6 miles in 1 hour 9 minutes, which is 11 minute miles. Pretty amazing for a 9 year old! Here's Chip and Lee hanging out later in the day.


Colby had a great time hanging out with his older cousins


He kept asking Zach to "carry you", which actually means "carry me".


Nan and Pop got a great family photo with all the grandkids.


And we attempted one of our own.


We had great food and played "Cuss", the family card game.


I will always cherish this special mother daughter photo.


I finally got to catch up with my friend Mindy and her twins. I made a post about her a year ago, which you can read here. It's amazing the difference a year can make!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It looks like a wonderful time! Love the pictures!! So glad to hear that you friend's son is doing so well. Beautiful babies everywhere in this post :)

And I must know the rules to "cuss"!

Anonymous said...

The blog made me tear up again!! Only this year...happy tears!!
xoxo,
Mindy