Monday, November 17, 2008

Stuff

Ugh, I'm behind again! Things are just soooo busy!! Miller is still up a lot at night, so we're both pretty tired. She will not sleep anywhere but in our bed! We first try the crib, but she'll keep waking up crying, even if we put her down asleep. Then she moves into the bassinet in our room, and then the chair, before finally making it right between us...where she happily snoozes until the morning. This is not an ideal situation, but we do need sleep, so we're just taking it day by day.

I don't have any big updates, so I thought I'd put together some small random facts about Colby and Miller right now. Nothing too important, but it's the little things I'll probably forget one day.

In no particular order, here they are.

Colby often puts toys away before leaving a room- without being asked! He's been known to leave a room and then panic, run back in, put something in the right spot, and then leave again.

Miller loves the exersaucer and has learned to hit a button 4 times to play music. She's a genius!

Colby can be convinced to do anything for a small juice box (which he rarely gets). He still prounounces it with a weird swallowing noise.

He says everything at least twice. "Where momma go, where momma go". More often, he will chant something over and over "I need more, I need more, I need more", etc. We're trying to tell him "just once" but it's not working.

Colby only calls Miller by the name "Baby sissa". We refer to her as "Baby sister" so much that now Lee and I find ourselves calling her Baby sister more often than Miller....even when Colby isn't around. I'm sure we've gotten some strange looks.

I found Colby this morning with my large round metal brush gently stroking the top of Miller's head....brushing her hair, of course.

Colby loves my breast pump, and when he can get his hands on the parts, he'll hold them to his chest.

Any time you change a poopy diaper on Colby, he says "no eat poo-poo". I wonder what the preschool teachers think goes on around here.

When Colby is eating something he really likes, he holds one of his index fingers up in the air the whole time he is eating.

When he needs to blow his nose, he will say "I got a boogie! I got a boogie!"

We have started time-outs on the stairs, and it's working! I am using a book called 123 magic, and I think it's really going to help. Just the threat of a time-out stops Colby in his tracks....at least for now.

Colby loooooves wearing things around his neck, especially medals, ties, and *gasp* purses. (daddy is trying to reinforce the word "satchel" rather than purse) He's getting a few ties and medals for Christmas, which he'll be thrilled about. We're also getting him a small guitar with a strap so he'll move on from the yoga mat.

When he wants to be picked up, he says "mamma carry you" but it sounds more like "mamma ceh-yoo"

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'll add on to this post if I think of new things.

Last but not least, here's the most recent picture of our big baby girl.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

She looks well-rested to me!!
Thanks for the laughs on the Colby updates!!