Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tragedy

Something very sad and tragic happened last night, and I'm still not sure I'm over it. The evening started out as a pretty typical Friday night....we went to a local restaurant for dinner and then to the town green for a concert. Colby brought his guitar, played it up front, was introduced by the band, etc. etc. It's all very predictable now, but still lots of fun.

We had to leave a little early because Colby was very tired, so we packed up the car and headed out. As we were pulling out of the parking space, I felt a bump under the tire. Lee's eyes got huge as he said "OH NO!!!!!". My mind started to race as I tried to imagine what we just ran over. It felt like a can of Coke....was it a sippy cup? A box of some kind? I just couldn't imagine. Lee's face looked devastated as he said "the guitar". Well, he may as well have said "the dog" because I screamed out in horror. It was a massacre, and I didn't handle it well. Mainly because I know how important it is to Colby....and how hard it is to find one. (and how long it takes to get it) Plus, I'm dealing with a slight hormonal imbalance right now.

Here's what we're dealing with:


I actually tried to glue it together but Lee said it was more of a safety hazard than anything else, so I gave up. After we put Colby down for bed, we both got on separate computers (not realizing the other was doing the same thing) and ordered him a new guitar. Lee picked out a blue one and had it overnighted (from Hawaii!) and I took a different approach and ordered 2 brown ones (one as a back up) So....$60 in shipping charges later, we realized we now have 3 guitars on the way. I just hope we can get through the next few days without too many tears. I know there will be some disappointment, as it's always the first thing he asks for in the morning. ("Tar...Tar!")

Until then, his wall letter will have to do.


3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh, hilarious!!!

Claire said...

I could have shipped you Camlin's guitar for much less than $60! Her's gets hardly any attention compared to Colby's!

Emily said...

OH WOW! I know it was traumatic, but I was really laughing at this post. I think it was the word-picture you painted of your reactions and then the actual picture of the guitar, it just struck me really funny.
And it looks like Colby will suffer through playing his "L" until his 3 backups come in. ROFL!! Too cute!