Thursday, February 7, 2008

Monkey Business

A few months ago, I joked in this post here about what I was going to buy for Colby. Yes, it was only a joke...at least I thought so.

Well, fast forward to today. I'm happily strolling down the baby isle at Target when I find this item. It's a monkey! And a backpack! And a child "harness"! All in one! And it's $9.99! Well, I just couldn't resist.

We strapped on that bad boy when we got home, and needless to say, Colby was thrilled with his new friend. He loved having cool straps on his chest, and he especially liked having a tail. He walked around for half an hour chasing his tail. (Wait a minute....is that a bad sign?)

It's great for when Colby gets into mommy's things, such as my camera bag...


Because mean ol'mommy can yank him away!


And when he's really naughty...well, this is what happens.


I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

After putting Colby down for a nap, I came back downstairs to find the monkey had been adopted. Maybe it wasn't a total waste of money after all.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is hysterical!!

I tried one of those with Everett (I swore I'd never ever use one...then I had E) as soon as he figured out it's purpose he laid down on his stomach so he had to be dragged. Not. Pretty.
I hope the monkey works better for you guys (or at least Georgia).