Tuesday, May 29, 2018

First post of 2018....I'm having a baby!

Wow, it's good to be back.  

I have had a lot of guilt over stopping the blog book, and Colby has been begging me for years to start it up again.  The kids love reading the blog books in their room and laugh over all the hilarious memories.  It seems like such an awesome gift to give them for the rest of their lives.  Maybe they will even read the books to their own children.  Maybe my grandchildren will read to their own children and think...wow these people are really old.  

Baby Grimes is due August 5th with a schedule induction date of July 30!  The kids are both very excited.  However, Miller has big plans to be come the baby's second mommy.  She wants to do it all...play, rock, change diapers.  I frequently find her sitting in the baby's room reading or even in his crib, imagining what it would be like to be him.  

It's pretty crazy being pregnant at the age of 43.  I find myself wavering between excitement and thinking "What the hell have I done?"  I hope this is a good thing for our family.  I hope once this baby arrives, we all just know he was meant to be a part of our family.  But I have to admit- I'm scared.  Who will he be?  What will our family be like?  Will it all be ok?  Will I ever have a life again?  I guess these questions will be answered in time, and hopefully it will be obvious that this little baby was meant to be part of our family all along. 

No comments: