Monday, August 6, 2012

Fudge. A true story.

You know that scene in the movie A Christmas Story where Ralphie drops the F-bomb in slow motion? Yeah, that just happened to me in Whole Foods. With Colby. It went something like this:

Colby: Oooh! Soda! Can we have that?
Me: No, you can have milk.
Colby: Oh FUDGE!

Only he didn't say fudge.

I froze. I stared in disbelief. Did I really just hear that? I kept staring at him and then he slowly cracked a little smile.

Me: WHAT did you just say?

Miller: He said Fock! (she was close)

I took a deep breath contemplating my next move. I decided to remain calm. I squatted down to his level and thought very carefully about what to say.

Me: Colby, where did you learn that word?

Colby: Dadda. Dadda says it. He says it a lot.

WOW.

But really, Lee has never intentionally said it in front of Colby. He mumbles it under his breath at various times during the day when he thinks no one can hear or no one is listening. He is in disbelief that Colby learned it from him.

Guess what dadda? Someone is listening. All the time. And he thinks you are super cool. So you need to find some rated G language to mumble under your breath.


No comments: