Monday, August 27, 2012

First day of school

Last week, both kids started school.

On Monday, Miller had her first day of Pre-K. Although she's 2 years younger than Colby, she will only be one year behind him in school. (which still seems so weird to me) Miller's teacher is Ms. Susan, who she knows from Summer camp. Miller did not hesitate to walk on into the class, hang up her back pack, and start playing. She was confident and excited about her first day.



Colby's first day was Thursday. The Kindergarteners have a staggered start, so 1/3 of the class went Wednesday, 1/3 went Thursday, and 1/3 went Friday. His teacher is Ms.McCartney and she's supposed to be a wonderful teacher. I am very very happy!

My silly boy ready to go

They are always this sweet to each other. I am so lucky.

Running to the bus!

The bus stop gang....Eddie, Trudy, Mia, and Colby.

Excited and ready to go...

He made it!

I didn't think I would be emotional, but I did get a little teary eyed watching him walk onto the bus. He was so excited getting off the bus at the end of the day and had a big smile on his face. I did't get much information out of him other than who he sat next to on the bus and the fact that his teacher let them make cookies. However, his teacher e-mailed and said he listened well and seemed to really enjoy himself. Can't ask for much more than that!



No comments: