Friday, June 17, 2011

More Summer...

We had a wonderful visit with Nana and Grandaddy. We did a lot of sitting on the porch, a lot of swimming, and a lot of relaxing. We all enjoyed the new rocking chairs and porch swing.





Please come again soon, Nana and Granddaddy!


Colby had his first swim lesson here, and it went pretty well. It's definitely not as good as the old swim school, but then again, I don't think anything will measure up to that. However, it's obvious that the hours of traveling to and from the old lessons paid off....Colby swam a full length of the pool backstroke! I almost fell off of my chair- I had no idea he could do that. Our old lessons were in a short pool, so he really did not get to challenge himself with distance. If he can also swim a length freestyle, he can qualify for a year round swim team in the Fall. They usually don't take kids under 6, but they do occasionally. I guess the real question is if Colby wants to do it....this is where parenting can get tricky because I'm not sure when to push and when to let him make the decision. (however, if I had not pushed at all, he's still be afraid of the water!)

Miller will begin her Morgan Swim school class on Monday. This basically means they will teach her to swim in 8 days....I hear there might be tears, but that it's very effective. I will post an update on that soon.

I just received Colby and Miller's class picture in the mail. We miss our old school, and I think I miss it as much as Colby does. He had a year of ups and downs, but it ended on a positive note.


Miller's class photo was taken on our moving day, and the movers took away the box that had her picture outfit inside. The only thing left to wear was a yellow sweatshirt and jeans. I was so sad that morning when I realized she might look like a boy. And, well, she does look a little androgynous. Oh well! (Whoever took this photo needs to find another day job....I mean, seriously)

No comments: