Sunday, July 25, 2010

So much to catch up on....

Whew, I'm so far behind on my blog, I don't even know where to start.

Actually, I do know where I want to start, but I don't know when I'll actually find the time to sit down and do it. One of the things I really want to write about is the first 9 months of Colby's life, which are not in the blog. The first 6 months were pretty tough, and it wouldn't have made for a happy blog. It started with a weekend in the hospital when he was 11 days old, where he had a spinal tap, chest x-ray, and IV antibiotics for a "virus". From there, things were good for about 3 weeks...until one night, out of the blue, he screamed his head off for about 2 hours. Unbeknownst to me, that was the start of his severe milk protein allergy. It was also the start of 3-4 hour long crying jags, lots of pain, difficulty eating, bloody diapers, lots of doctors visits, food journals, poop journals, lots of worrying, and a very restrictive diet for myself (without dairy, soy, nuts, wheat, or eggs). I cannot imagine what it would have been like to blog all of that....it probably would have been therapeutic for me, but man, how depressing and boring would that have been? "Today I ate mayonnaise....Colby screamed for 6 hours....maybe it was the eggs in the mayonnaise?" Thankfully, things got better when he was around 6 months old and we actually took him on a vacation to Mexico, which I'd love to put in the blog. From that point forward, Colby was a very happy (albeit extremely active) baby and it was pretty smooth sailing.

Wow, I just got really sidetracked. Totally wasn't planning to say any of that. What I meant to say was that I'm behind on my blogging and have missed a few very important things this summer. I feel like I need to put a few things on the blog before I move forward with Miller's birthday celebrations.

First, there was the 4th of July. Colby and Miller enjoyed driving their jeep (and our coolers) to the local neighborhood cookout.


They even sort of posed for a picture...


Shortly after that, we had a very fun visit with Nana and Granddaddy. (and we're very excited about visiting them at the lake in a few weeks)


Lastly, Miller has really been perfecting her singing skills. Please enjoy her rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star until I find enough time and energy to blog about my baby girl turning 2!!!!!

No comments: