Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Babies

This is, pretty much word for word, tonight's conversation as I lay with Colby before he went to sleep. I already know these were not good answers to give him...I was not prepared!

C: Do you have a baby in your tummy?
Me: No, but I did. I had you and Miller in my tummy.
C: But how do babies get out?
Me: ignoring the question
C: How do they get out?
Me: still ignoring
C: How do they get out? (relentless, this one)
Me: The doctor gets them out.
C: Quiet for about 5 seconds....
Me: Hoping he lets is go....knowing that's really not going to happen.
C: But how? There's no opening.
Me: Ignoring..
C: There's no opening. How do they get out?
Me: (thinking.....) They come out from your bottom.
C: But there's poo poo in there!
Me: Oh, yeah. They come out from your pee pee.
C: But there's pee pee in there!

At this point, we both burst into laughter and that was the end of the conversation. For now. Clearly I need to put some more thought into how I will answer him!

No comments: