Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Make it stop!!!!

We received 29 inches of snow over the weekend, and that was on top of 6 inches that were on the ground. Today is Tuesday and much to his frustration, Lee's work is still closed. The roads are horrible. If that's not enough, they are calling for 12-15 more inches of snow tonight. Our entire city is paralyzed already and you cannot see pavement anywhere, even where they have plowed. I cannot imagine what will happen with an additional foot of snow. I vaguely remember the days when I used to take Colby to preschool....ah, that was the good life.

Thankfully, we have some wonderful neighbors, and we've taken turn hosting a playgroup each morning. It's me and 3 other moms, and we are all good friends and spend most of the morning laughing (or we might cry). The only downside is that they all have 3 year old girls...and Colby usually starts to push their buttons after about an hour. He is the master at figuring out someone's weakness and subtly honing in on them. One little girl in particular has a pretty bad temper, and Colby thoroughly enjoys getting a rise out of her. That usually leads to at least one time out before we give up all together and then head home.

I will hopefully post some snow pictures in the next day or two...something tells me I'm not going anywhere.

No comments: