Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Open house

Colby had his open house for preschool today, and I thought it would be a piece of cake. I was wrong! Colby knew all too well that "school" means mommy leaves him. All the other children in his class were first-timers, so they were blissfully playing in the classroom (because ignorance is bliss). Meanwhile, Colby clung to me like a little monkey. He wanted me to carry him the whole time, but settled with sitting in my lap. SO unlike Colby. Part of the reason he was upset is because all of his friends from last year were put in the older 2's class, and Colby is in the younger 2's class. He saw 2 of them on the way in, so he knew they were there. He kept asking me "Where Grey go?", which was kinda cute, but sad. On our way out, we stopped by the older 2's classroom, Colby had a ball playing with his friend Grey and didn't want to leave.


As for Miller, she seems like a different baby since I started my dairy, soy, nut, egg, wheat free diet. (I need to make sure I record my diet in detail, so that when she's 14 and tells me she hates me, I have some proof of the sacrifices I made) I don't want to get too excited too soon, but it really seems like it's made a huge difference. I didn't know babies could be awake and happy at the same time! And sometimes, I can actually put her down without her crying. Amazing. She is growing like a weed, and is now in all size 6 month clothing (probably around 14 pounds at 7 weeks). Here she is in her bassinet, which I fear she won't be sleeping in as long as I anticipated.


Last but not least, Colby had his last playdate today with our wonderful babysitter Doina. She is the most amazing babysitter EVER, and Colby absolutely loves every minute he spends with her. We will miss her so much, but hopefully she can babysit for us once in a while on the weekends. Thank you Doina, for everything!

Oh, and yes, Colby is starting his first week of preschool looking like he was in a fist fight. He ran into something in the basement with his daddy last night. How bad is it that I didn't even ask what it was??? Sometimes, it's just better not to know.

No comments: