Wednesday, September 17, 2008

8 week checkup

Miller had her 2 month/8 week check up today, and my suspicions were confirmed.

SHE IS GIGANTIC.

The first thing the doctor said was "Well I guess I don't need to ask if she's eating well." (I am bracing myself for all the "big girl" comments to come) Her measurents are outside the 100th percentile in everything. Weight was 14 lbs 14 oz (Colby was 14 lbs 4 oz at the same age and he was outside the 95th %ile for boys) Height is 24 inches, and head size is 16 inches.

I guess this explains why none of her 3-6 month clothes are fitting. I even returned something to Gymboree, telling them that is must be mismarked because it's size 3-6 months, and it doesn't fit my 6 week old. Then I realized that nothing from any of the stores was fitting. She is pretty much wearing size 6-12 months!

As she has done at every appointment so far, Miller took advantage of having her diaper off. She peed all over me, my clothes, her clothes, the table, the floor....she really seemed to enjoy herself until the vaccinations.

All in all, a successful appointment and only a few tears!

No comments: