Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dreams do come true

Ever since the concert last week where Colby played with a toy guitar, he has been OBSESSED. Every object in our house has become a guitar. Usually, it's the toy broom or mop. However, he's not too picky. It's also been sticks in the yard, giant legos at the park, and (unfortunately) the toilet plunger. I once thought Colby was obsessed with doorbells, but that pales in comparison to his guitar obsession.

So, as any decent mother would do, I got on the internet and hunted down a toy guitar. I wanted a very small wooden one that did NOT play music or take batteries....for obvious reasons. It also had to be very small and light, so I ended up searching for a toy ukulele. This was not easy to find! I finally tracked one down on Ebay, bid on it, won, and it was shipped last week from Hawaii.

It arrived today, and I honestly have never seen Colby's face light up like it did when Lee handed it to him. He was so excited!! He has not let go of it and actually cried when we made him put it down to eat dinner.

Here's a little clip of Colby's very first guitar session- jamming to the Wiggles, of course. (in case you're wondering, he's looking back and forth between Lee, who was jamming on the broom stick, and the tv. The volume is really low so you may need to turn it up all the way to hear the music.)

1 comment:

Meagan said...

That is too funny! He was really getting into it. I'm glad you explained his back and forthing it- otherwise, I would have thought he was doing his Stevie Wonder impression.