Friday, April 4, 2008

Where we've been...

Oh man. We were hit again. This time, by a horrendous cold. I came down with it suddenly last Friday night, and it was the worst cold I've had in a long time. Plus, it was 10 times worse because I cannot take any effective drugs because of the pregnancy. For about 3 days, I was totally out of commission.

Now, whenever I get sick, and Lee gets it, he always says the same thing. "Oh no, this isn't what you had. This is much much worse. This is something different." It never fails. So, I warned him this week. "LISTEN TO ME: I feel terrible! When you get this, you better not say it's worse than what I had!!!"

Without fail, Lee came down with the exact same thing last night. And naturally, he concluded that it was *much* worse than what I had, so he'd better go see a doctor. "It's a cold" I said. "No, no" He said "This is a mutated strain of whatever you had. I think it turned in to strep, or maybe something worse". Well, lo and behold, it's a cold. He still is not convinced that I gave it to him.

Unfortunately, poor Colby also came down with it today, and it must be his 10th cold of the season. He's holding out pretty well though....he's definitely much less vocal about it than his father.

I am sooooo ready for this cold and flu season to be over. I hope this was our worst year....knock on wood.....I'm hoping that it's from having Colby in preschool for the first time. Whatever the reason, I'm just ready to put the winter behind us.

More from me when the patients give me a little free time!

1 comment:

Emily said...

EEESH! So sorry you guys got the ick again. I know first hand how that is NO FUN.
But I have to admit I was LOL at the whole "Oh no, this isn't what you had. This is much much worse. This is something different." I think this must be a man thing! Todd used to do the same thing and it drove me nuts!!