Monday, December 10, 2007

Mishmash

I'm not going to put too much thought or effort into this or I'll never post it, so here's what's been going on the past few weeks.

When we are home, it's a pretty good bet that Colby has either a mop or a broom in his hand. He is truly obsessed with them and with all cleaning products, especially when I pull out the dust buster. We are SO excited about giving him a toy vacuum and dust buster (that makes noise!) for Christmas. I've had them for a month now and I know that he is never going to put the dust buster down.

Colby has 8 words as of today. They are: Mamma, dadda, Georgia, hi, uh-oh, outside, and yum (prounounced uuum). He makes a sound for yes, but I'm not sure yet if it counts. I've also heard him say cat several times but that was a few months ago and I haven't heard it since.

Colby LOVES preschool. He loves it so much that when I show up to pick him up, he doesn't want to leave! He used to run towards me sobbing, but now he basically waves hello and goes about his business.

"He's like the mayor". That's what someone said to us tonight as we were walking out of a sushi restaurant, while Colby waved to every single person. All the diners, the waiters, the sushi chef.....everyone. He was particularly friendly with a table of four women, and he stood at their table for a good two minutes waving to them. They were ooohing and aahhhing and he was eating up every second of it. I am going to be in BIG trouble in about 13 years!

That's about all the little things I can think of to write about. Here are some recent pictures from the past month...


Colby and daddy at the Christmas parade



Colby waving to the trucks going by...



Colby trying to stay warm by snuggling up to daddy's head. It was FREEZING!!!



Our "Colby proof" tree, hung with ribbon and fabric ornaments. The bottom 2 feet of the tree are bare by the end of the day.



Colby loves to grocery shop, just like his daddy. (definitely did not get this from me)



Hmmmmm....is this the right milk?



Only one way to find out!



We had a Christmas party with our playgroup. Guess who did this in the kitchen? (if you click on this picture, you'll can see the twinkle in his eye as to what he has just discovered) Which is.....



Jackpot! Cords!!



And more cords!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the catch up post!