Saturday, October 13, 2007

The "Phase"

It's just a phase....it's just a phase....it's just a phase. I've been chanting this to myself for the past few weeks, and I certainly hope it's true. Colby is going through quite a challenging little stage...and I really hope that's all it is. He has become ultra clingy and fussy at home, even when he is well fed, rested, and I'm in the room with him. I don't know what's going on, but I think he learned it from other kids at school. He has perfected the fake cry, and he uses it often to get what he wants. I also think that he has developed separation anxiety, and I'm pretty sure it's because I started taking him to preschool. For a couple of weeks I thought it was teething, but the molars have broken through and it's still going on. I'm really not sure how to handle it and I just hope it resolves itself soon!

Despite the fussing, I must say, he is still quite a ham and really cracks us up every day. His new favorite words are "uh-oh" and "Yum!" Although his "yum" is really an "uuumm". His walk is slowing turning into a run, and I think that once he masters the run he will never walk again. His favorite foods are still tomatoes and hummus, and recently we've started giving him grapes and apples. He loves them and give a great big "uuuum" with each bite.

1 comment:

Emily said...

LOL!! Yep, it's just a phase :) Everett is just coming out of the same thing. And for the record, I can tell you are a great mom b/c you are already blaming the other kids at school! We do that too :)