Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Girl is four

Wow, and now my girl is four. How can this be true??

Recently, people have been commenting that Miller looks like me. That's a new thing, as no one has ever said that about Colby or Miller. (usually, they tell me that Miller looks like Colby). But me? So I dug up an old photo of when I was Miller's age.

See a resemblance? (don't ask me why this is upside down- I can't fix it) I sent this picture to Lee on his phone, and he thought it was Miller. (and probably wondered why I dressed her up like Holly Hobby)

At four years of age, it's no secret that Miller's best friend is Charlie. Often when they play together, we find them upstairs either in pajamas....or their birthday suits.

Miller is a true water bug and loves to swim. I think I'd go so far as to say that swimming is her favorite thing. She's been in swim lessons since she was a baby, and she actually swam a length of the pool freestyle this summer with her swim coach Lizzie.

At Colby's last swim meet, she was brave enough to down the giant water slide!

So naturally, she had a pool party for her fourth birthday. It was supposed to be outside, but the weather was looking bad the morning of her party and I scrambled to find a new venue. Fortunately, I found an indoor facility we could use and it actually turned out to be perfect.

So excited!

I've never seen Miller as excited and happy as she was at her birthday party. Her friends were all there, she was playing in the "awesome" water park, and cake was on the menu. She was in her element.

She and all her friends (classmates from last year) played several rounds of ring around the rosie. So cute!

Another round with her favorite boys Jackson and Charlie.

Miller and Charlie having a moment under the water fall.

Cute tush. She ran around with a wedgie the entire party.

After an hour of swimming, we took a break for pizza and cake.

The princess cake.

So tempted to steal a little frosting. (which they did)

Sweet birthday girl

And wouldn't you know, Colby found a way to steal a little thunder during her party. His bottom tooth was somehow knocked out right in the middle of eating pizza. (we never found it)

We returned to the water for more swimming, and then headed home to open presents.

On the actual morning of her birthday, Miller got some more presents from mom and dad.

Mostly princess presents, of course.

And lots of arts and crafts.

Happy fourth birthday to my sweet, happy, smart, confident, funny, and sassy little girl. I couldn't be more proud to be your mommy.









No comments: