Monday, August 10, 2009

Operation potty training and very sad news

We started a 3 day potty training method yesterday with Colby. To say it has been a little frustrating would be an understatement. At the end of the second day, there's pee on every carpet, pee on the stairs, pee in the corner of the living room, pee in one of the air ducts, pee on the walls, and pee on me....but very little pee in the potty. Yesterday afternoon, after a VERY long 2 days, he sat on the potty for 10 minutes trying to pee, got up to wash his hands, and peed on the step stool. I just wanted to scream "COME ONE MAN!! HOW ARE YOU NOT GETTING THIS!!??" Of course, I didn't....I wiped him up, cleaned the floor, and told him we'll try again next time. Then I called Lee crying and told him I couldn't handle it anymore. Even worse than the flying pee, he has held in his poop for 2 days, and we are concerned about the ramifications of that. The boy takes (TMI!) 2 man size poops every day, and never misses a day, and yesterday he told us he had a tummy ache. Yeah, I don't doubt it. So, after a very long day, we put a diaper on him. I've never loved a diaper so much in my life. He went downstairs and pooped 6 times in it. I'm not exaggerating.

Now changing the subject...

On a very very sad note, my Aunt Kay (my mom's sister) suddenly passed away today after her body rejected a blood transfusion. She has lymphoma, but it is something that can be managed for many years, so it was very shocking. She was one of the nicest people on earth, and she never had a bad thing to say about anyone. It's just not fair that things like this happen to such good people...I'm still in shock and just cannot believe it.

I'll be flying down there in the next day or so to be with everyone. Operation potty training is being aborted for now. Maybe we'll try again in a few months.

No comments: