Monday, July 20, 2009

Our baby girl is 1!!

I can't believe Miller is one year old today....it has gone by way too fast. (ok, so maybe not the first few colicky months, but after that, she has been a dream baby)

Miller had her on year appointment today, and let's hope she doesn't roll over on her peers any time soon.
Height: 31.5 inches (outside 100th percentile) Weight: 28 lb 3 oz (ditto)
No wonder she has outgrown all of her size 18-24 month shirts!

Miller is such a delight (I can't remember the last time I used that word, but it's appropriate) to be around. She has a great sense of humor and a loud, deep belly laugh. She loves books and toys and will actually sit still to play with them. (I'm still amazed that children this age sit still....I'm glad I had Colby first because he was soooooo much more challenging) She goes to bed with "Mr. Rabbit" and gives a squeal of delight each night when she sees him. She loves to dance and loves music....we'll see if she becomes obsessed like her big brother.

I don't want to jinx myself, but she eats everything. Her favorite foods are sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, and cheese....I could go on and on because she literally eats everything. I know this will probably change, so we are enjoying it now while it lasts.

My goal was to breastfeed Miller for 12 months, and now that it's here, I don't think I'm ready to stop. So, we'll just keep going and see what happens. She drinks from a cup and has just had her first glass of milk, so it will be pretty easy to wean her when the time comes.

We are having a small family celebration tonight, but we did have a little pre-celebration when Nan and Pop were visiting.

Ready for cake...


This can't all be for me...


Ding ding ding! The sweet tooth gene has survived.


A frosting goatee...


Nan and Pop gave Miller her first silver bracelet with her name engraved on it. Here she is sporting her new bracelet and doing one of her favorite things- pointing to things in books.


Happy girl!


I wish I could make time go by a little more slowly, because I know I'll look back and this will all be a blur.

Happy first birthday baby girl!!!!

No comments: