Thursday, January 29, 2009

Six Months

Miller had her 6 month appointment, and she's healthy as a horse...and not petite.

Weight 22 lbs 15 oz....so basically 23 pounds (2 more pounds than Colby at 6 months)
Height 28 1/2 inches
Head: 18

We went to a new doctor (after the last one told me she had some "ass to move") and he assured me that although she's very big (all measurements are outside the 100th percentile), he's not worried a bit because Lee and I are both tall and thin. (well, I used to be...I'm working on that)

Miller has started solids, and after rejecting both rice cereal and oatmeal, we gave her squash and sweet potatoes and she loved them both. She's 4 days into eating and really getting the hang of it, although I've forgotten how messy it can be.


The fabulous news (for me) is that I added dairy and soy back into my diet about 3 weeks ago. I did it very gradually, starting with a piece of chocolate. After a few days of no reaction, I ate 2, and then 4, and then a few days later I got brave and had some ice cream. I can officially say that Miller has outgrown her food allergies! I suspect that maybe they were just slight intolerances, but whatever they were, her stools are looking normal and I'm drinking Starbucks Lattes. Woohoo!

Over the past week, we've had some snow and school has been cancelled, so I tried taking both kids to the gym with me. Colby did great, but Miller has had an absolute meltdown each time. The first time, they paged me to come get her after about 20 minutes. The second time, she burst into tears as soon as she saw the room. She remembered! Isn't she a bit young for that? Guess I'll be using the treadmill at home for a while longer.

Colby was soooo excited about the snow so that he could build a snowman. He's been talking about it all winter, especially since Clifford builds one in his still current favorite book, Clifford's Christmas. I woke him up early from his nap on the day that it snowed, got both him and Miller (and myself) bundled up.

I really wasn't sure he was going to get off the porch, but eventually I convinced him.


Once he got down, I discovered that the snow was too dry to make a snowball. I was so disappointed! We improvised and made a snowmound, and Colby was still pretty impressed.


Unfortunately, the snowman now lacks a face because Georgia wasted no time enjoying a little late night appetizer.

Colby also helped me shovel the sidewalk and driveway.


And Miller supervised from the sidelines...


I think I've gotten my snow fix for this year....we've had fun, but after three days trapped inside, I'm ready for school to start again!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I can't believe Miller weighs 3 pounds more than my 14.5 month son!! Dasch is skinny still...but he is putting on some meat!