Friday, May 9, 2008

Fun with Pop

Well, I hope I'm not disappointing all my readers (all 5 of you) with my sparse updates. Things have been busy, but all is well. Our weekend at the beach was great, and Nan and Colby had a wonderful time together. He did great the entire weekend, and although he was very aware we were gone, he didn't have any major breakdowns.

I'm very very sad about the fact that he only has 2 weeks of preschool left! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! He loves it so much, and I really love (and need) the break it gives me. Oh well...I guess the month of June will be an interesting one. I'm guessing there will be many many trips to the park in our future.

Things that Colby is doing:

If you ask him to do something that he doesn't want to do (such as go upstairs, change his diaper, take a bath, etc) he lays on the floor, covers his head, and says "nite nite". It's pretty funny.

His vocabulary is growing each week and he now has close to 60 words! (yes, we actually wrote them all down....there's a story behind that involving the preschool teacher that I'll write about in a few weeks)

Current favorite food: raspberries and french fries. (He has decided he really isn't interested in any other fruits and prefers the $5 per small container kind)

I don't have any recent pictures worth posting, but I do have a pretty cute video. Here's a little clip of Pop and Colby having some fun. You can hear Colby saying "gin" for again, and when Pop says "that's enough", Colby signs "more please" by putting his hands together and rubbing his stomach.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

that video completely cracked me up... that squeal! I love it!